Fidget spinners are more popular in google search than Donald Trump and Kimkardashian combined.Here is a look at the toy that has become a global phenomenon.
- The fidget spinner was invented by Catherine Hettinger .
- Once she went to visit her sister in Israel when she heard of young boys throwing rocks at police officers and common people .
- She started brainstorming devices that could distract young children and provide them with a soothing toy. And the Fidget spinner was born .
- Hettinger held the patent on the spinners for eight years, but surrendered it in 2005 because she could not afford the $400 renewal fee .
- The toys(spinners) hit the mass market after the patent expired .
- A fidget spinner is a small hand toy that usually has a star-like shape and three weighted end points .
- In the center of the spinner is a circle with ball bearings that allow the toy to spin with very little friction .
- The toy continues spinning for up to a minute before it begins to slow down .
- They come in different colors, shapes & sizes and different prices
SEE THE BENEFITS
- It reportedly helps people who suffer from fidgeting, anxiety, ADHD and autism.However, there is no research to support this.
- The fidget toys provides”an innocuous outlet” for nervous or bored energy.
- Repetitive movements can be a relaxing rituals.
- It can help the thinking process. Studies show physical movement such as doodling or writing things down can help with remembering.